The Alternative Limb Project offers a personal and friendly bespoke service, which provides unique prosthetics to blend in with the body or stand out as a unique piece of art, reflecting the wearer’s imagination, personality and interests.
We will involve the wearer in all stages of the process from conception of ideas to the final work.
An alternative-style limb can help to break down social barriers, delight the eye and provide an unusual talking point.
The realistic limbs
With an eye for fine detail, Sophie will sculpt life like limbs to match your sound side.
• Silicone can be made translucent like skin
• Colours can be matched to your sound side
• Creases , blemishes, freckles and veins can be reproduced
• Nail colours and shapes can be simulated (nail varnish can be used and removed )
• Comfort gel pads can be incorporated into the prosthesis
• Build ups can be made for correcting alignment or for adjusting height discrepancies
Whilst some limbs are considered passive prosthetics (no mechanical movement ) they still have important functional capabilities. This includes actions such as pushing, pulling, stabilizing, supporting, light grasping and typing.
View at the original source